- Dirt, grit and sand act like sandpaper to scratch, dent and dull hardwood floors. You should place floor mats at exterior entrances to trap dirt.
- Avoid walking on the floor with high heels or spiked shoes.
- NEVER drench-mop, wet-mop, or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring and will void the warranties. The use of a disposible mop pad or other similar product that is lightly damped is highly recommended.
- Do not use hardwood floor cleaning machines.
- Use oil based soaps on lacquer finished products and don't use lacquer based soaps on oil finished products.
- Use paste wax based products. (NEVER wax a lacquered finished floor)
- Drag sharp wooden legs or metal furniture legs as it can scratch/dent hardwood floors.
Expose to direct sunlight for extended period of time as it may dry/fade natural wood.
- Cover parts of your flooring. Either cover the entire surface area or none at all.